| NMLS Continuing Education
8 hr NMLS Continuing Education
Mortgage loan originator licensees must complete 8 hours of continuing education each year in order to renew their licenses during the November 1 through December 31 renewal period. The continuing education must include 3 hours of federal law and regulations, 3 hours of ethics and 2 hours of training related to nontraditional mortgage products.
There are several requirements which must be met in order to renew your license. The requirements are:
NOTE: All renewal fees are to be paid through the NMLS Website. Fees may be paid by credit card or ACH transfer.
- Log in to your NMLS account and request renewal of your mortgage loan originator license or "license endorsement." You must also review your MU4 for accuracy, make any required changes and attest to its accuracy.
- File evidence of completion of 8 hours of continuing education with the NMLS. As your NMLS-approved course provider, Chamberlin will transmit your completion record to the NMLS. There are no additional California specific education requirements. The continuing education must include:
- 3 hours of federal law and regulations;
- 2 hours of ethics; and,
- 2 hours of lending standards for nontraditional mortgages.
- Payment of the annual renewal fee:
- Renewal fee of $300 (DRE license endorsements)
- NMLS annual renewal fee of $30
8 hr Course—Price: $87 + $12 NMLS Banking Fee = $99 total
- Please contact Clare Institute @ 619-794-0055 if you have further questions.
Back to Top